There are few things more annoying than waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to get back to sleep.
You may not know, but waking up in the middle is actually part of your normal sleep cycle, everyone wakes up 5-7 times a night between finishing complete sleep cycles. Every awakening is brief, and we tend to fall straight back to sleep, it is even normal to remember 2-3 of these awakenings the issue lies in the time it takes you to fall back asleep.
If you are waking up twice a night and it takes you 2 hours to get back to sleep, this can cause a huge disruption to your life. Below are the 5 top reasons a sleep doctor sees with her clients.
5 Reasons You May Be Waking In the Night
1. Snoring It could be your own snores that are the problem, but more likely, it’s your significant other snoozing loudly beside you. Start to consider ways to tackle this, from lifestyle changes to making your significant other sleep on their side.
2. Multiple Bathroom Trips 5 Reasons You Wake Up In The Middle Of The Night! If you find yourself making a trip to the bathroom every night in the middle of the night it may be time to hydrate more mindfully, experts suggest steering clear of fluids 3 hours before bedtime, however, this doesn't mean you shouldn't hydrate throughout the day.
3. Discomfort This is anything from your sheets, to your pillow and your mattress. Getting a new one of each understandably is quite the investment so it may mean just choosing one, for now, however, even a brand new pillow can go a long way for a good night's sleep.
4. Temperature The national sleep foundation suggests a room temperature of between 60 and 67 degrees for the best night's sleep. If for some reason you struggle to cool your room, there are such things as cooling blankets, pillows and mattress inserts.
5. Anxiety Or An Active Brain There is no one size fits all for this but there are a few options that you can try, one being journalling, before you go to bed right down everything that's on your mind another you can try is meditation, more specifically Yoga Nidra to calm your mind, there are also some good natural herbal supplements like passionflower or valerian root.
What are your Beauty Rituals to get a good night's sleep?? Tag us @BeautyRitualsSkincare on #Instagram if you post about them.
Beauty Rituals Canfield
Beauty Rituals Med Spa is a skin-focused wellness center in Canfield, Ohio offering Facials in Canfield like nowhere else. If you're searching for facials in Boardman, or Facials in Youngstown, then look at Beauty Rituals Skincare located conveniently off the highway on Main Street in Hilltop Plaza in Canfield. We are next to Always Yours Frame shop and have plenty of parking.
Spa Open Hours: Monday - Friday 9AM - 5PM or by appointment. Visit http://www.beautyritualsmedspa.com/services-menu to book a facial in Canfield at Beauty Rituals or find out about waxing in Canfield with the best Brazilian wax experience ever!
Come see us if you're searching: